Do we need “recycled” politicians?
I have been reading and observing that the recycling of politicians is really overwhelming in these days. Ex representatives, ex city council members and other political figures are fighting to continue to vampirize the system and guarantee for themselves, not for the people, their own future. I cannot understand how some people can be so naïve and continue to vote for these people that have done nothing but enrich themselves and make a career out of the exploitation of the community. I know that term limits is out of the question, because when they are no good where they were before, they continue to run for other positions to continue to do no good. This has been evident in state, county and city government.
I believe that it is time to think of politicians as some “gods” of the world. They are just humans like the rest of us and should learn to live like the rest of us. Don’t be afraid to challenge them.
Even though I am nonpartisan (I offend everybody equally), I half to agree with the statements that we made by Warren Buffett in his proposed Congressional Reform Act of 2011. Here it is if you have not seen it before:
- No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
This should also apply to the State, City and County governments.
Let’s wake up and demand we change our country. Oust all recycled politicians, no matter what position they are running for. We need NEW ideas and less corruption.
See you next week!!