Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Resolutions!!
I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving. I think Thanksgiving should be every day, but that’s just me… I was reported that sales for Black Friday were better than expected. Maybe it was due to the fact that Black Friday started on THURSDAY. I had a chance to wander around and it was unbelievable. I don’t understand why people say that things are so bad, the economy is in free-fall, the American society is hurting, unemployment, the fiscal cliff, blah, blah, blah….and the stores were PACKED!!. So, my understanding is that in order to improve the economy, Black Friday prices should be in effect throughout the year! Think about it…people argue that our country is in the verge of bankruptcy; but they can also camp out in front of a store for days to spend their money mostly on things they don’t really need!! What a country!
Now, I am already starting to hear about New Year’s resolutions. You know, the ones that everyone’s says they have end never do….anyway, I will give you some resolutions I have found online for you to think of:
- Before you status update, Tweet, Tumble, Facebook or Instagram, pause and say to yourself, “is it entirely necessary that I share this morsel of thought with my entire social network?” and if the answer is not, “yes, I absolutely must,” then step away from the Internet.
- Find a way to save approximately 300 dollars and spend it on a flight or drive to see a friend or family member who lives far away.
- Spend less than the money you earn each month.
- Wear clothes that fit you, especially to work.
- Call someone on the phone at least once a week, and speak to him or her for at least ten minutes.
- Start preparing now to get over the fact that Facebook is probably going to change again in six months. You’re not going to deactivate your account. You don’t know how.
- Wait 30 seconds before you look up a fact you can’t remember on your phone, and try to remember it using your brain. This is what the olden days were like.
- Cut one person out of your life who you truly do not like and add one person who you truly do. Note: not on Facebook, on Earth.
- Volunteer once over the next 90 days. You’ll feel really good about it, and probably end up volunteering again over the next 275.
- Tell someone who you love that you love them on a more regular basis. To their face, not in a text.
- Back up your entire online life onto an external hard drive, especially your photos.
Feel free to use…See you next week!!