This is one idea that reallyshould be passed around.
*Congressional Reform Act of 2013
1. No Tenure. No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when
out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system, immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress may purchase its own retirement plan, just
like all Americans.
4. Congress will no longer vote itself a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses its current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws it imposes on all Americans.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/13. The American people did not make these contracts with Congressmen/women.
Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their terms, then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message.
THIS IS HOW TO FIX CONGRESS!
IT IS TIME!